Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The initial foray


I have heard it said, "...there comes a time when you have to put yourself out there...", and so I embark. While blogging seems the equivalent to testing the water with the tip-toes, the creatures that lurk below are still frightful.

While going through the process of designing and producing a webpage, I thought I would utilize blog posts as a narrative to share my process (if only for myself). Ideas evolve as I get them out of my head and allow myself to view them as an abject reviewer--and more so when others comment and collaborate.

As a neophyte photographer, publishing a webpage is an intimidating task. Which images? How to organize them? What to show? What not to show? How much? How, what, and why? (!) And then you go and look at established photogs' webpages...(ostrich impersonation, anyone?)....the *joy* of personal growth.

As I collaborate with my friend, Jason Astorquia, to produce my website...which has turned out to be a process that has caused him to rethink his site (www.storksplace.com)...I will share the process.

Much like the hunter and his dog....contemplation precedes the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment